WHEN ARE AMICABLE SETTLEMENTS NOT ALLOWED?
1. Where one party is the government or any subdivision or instrumentality thereof
2. Where one party is a public officer or employee and the dispute relates to the performance of his official functions
3. Offenses punishable by imprisonment exceeding 1 year or fine exceeding P5000
4. Offenses where there is no private offended party
5. Where the dispute involves real properties located in different cities or municipalities
6. Disputes involving parties who reside in different barangays, cities or municipalities
7. Other cases which the President may determine in the interest of justice or upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Justice